Welcome to Higgins Appraisal!
At Higgins Appraisal, we strive to provide our clients with a thorough and positive experience of the real estate appraisal process. Over our combined 40 years of real estate appraisal experience, we have become expert real estate appraisers of both residential and commercial properties in Ocean and Monmouth Counties. We specialize in the Long Beach Island area, including Beach Haven, Brant Beach, Holgate, Ship Bottom, Surf City, Harvey Cedars, Loveladies, North Beach, and Barnegat Light. We also cover all of Stafford Township, including Manahawkin, Ocean Acres, and Beach Haven West.
Our experience has included real estate appraisal reports for both residential and commercial properties for:
- Estate planning - We help individuals with trusting and gifting situations by providing a professional real estate appraisal for their estate planning needs.
- Date of Death - When someone passes away, it is sometimes necessary to establish an estimate of the market value of a piece of property as of that date for estate tax purposes. We provide certified real estate appraisals for all types of residential and commercial properties for estate purposes.
- Divorce Settlement - When settling a matrimonial issue, it is sometimes necessary to obtain a professional real estate appraisal for the distribution of assets. We also provide expert tesitmony for matrimonial issues.
- Employee relocation - Many companies help relocate their employees. We provide professional real estate appraisals for the relocation company.
- Environmental claims - We provide real estate appraisals for tidelands claims and other environmental issues. These appraisals are used by the NJ Deparment of Environmental Protection to help estimate the value of a certain claim on a property.
- Bankruptcy purposes - When individuals are claiming bankruptcy, it is necessary to estimate the market value of a property to help with the bankruptcy process. We provide professional appraisals to help with the bankruptcy process
- Tax Assessment Appeals-We assist homeowners with the appeal process including providing them with a professional appraisal and appearing before the county or state to provide expert testimony.
- Obtaining a Mortgage - Banks require appraisals for both the original mortgage (when you buy a house), or if you are re-financing. We provide professional appraisals for both purposes.
- You're Just Curious - Maybe you're thinking of listing your property for sale, or something significant has happened recently that could significantly affect the value of your property. We are up-to-date on the real estate market in Ocean and Monmouth County, and would love to help you by providing you with a professional appraisal that estimates the current market value of your property.
- Expert Testimony - Whether it be a tax appeal, divorce, estate matter, or litigation, we are able to appear in court to testify on behalf of any appraisal we have provided.
If you have any questions about the appraisal process or would like to order an appraisal for your property, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our website!